The Warrior Word

School Announcements for November 14, 2017

Want to throw a pie at a teacher? Bring a canned good to advisory to be entered to win pie a volunteer staff member at the Fox V Seckman basketball game 11/21. All food goes to the Arnold Food Pantry in time for Thanksgiving! Help us make a difference in our community.

This is the first of several surveys related to Comic Con on Feb. 17. We will be playing Fan’ly Feud. Teams of five will compete to see who can form the best Fan’y—- Survey Says? Good answers! The first one hundred responses to this survey will be counted toward our game show. Take the survey and then tell your friends to do the same. https://goo.gl/forms/ytilNVcy2cFaGd873

Group Photos are Thursday, November 16, 2017 in the small gym.  Ask your sponsor or Ms. Smith for the time of your photo.  Please leave your classes 5 minutes before the scheduled time for your picture–we will most likely not be able to wait for stragglers as we have to keep to a very rigid schedule. Please see your sponsor about what to wear.  See you then!

Which Thanksgiving side dish is the best? Let the newspaper staff know on our poll at fhswarriorword.com!

Have you ever heard the ring of Big Ben in London, ever looked Mona Lisa in the eye in Paris, or ever walked in the footsteps of Julius Caesar in Rome? If any of this sounds like something you would like to experience, stop by Mrs. Starkey’s (room 202) and grab some information about her tour to England, France, and Italy in 2019! There will be an informational parent meeting on Monday, November 20 at 6:00pm in the FHS Library. If you are interested, but cannot attend the meeting, feel free to email Mrs. Starkey at [email protected] anytime. Don’t wait; spaces are limited (seriously)! ♥

Ping Pong club is hosting a tournament December 7th, 2:30-4:00 p.m. by room F7.  The club meets every Thursday in F7 after school.  If you love ping pong, why not come join us!

Nurse’s office will be closed during 8th hour from 1:55 p.m. through 2:25 p.m. daily. Only students, who are Diabetic and have medical emergencies are allowed to come to the nurse’s office during this time. Thank you for your cooperation.

Key Club is holding a newspaper drive for a local Animal Shelter. Please help us make our community a better place. Donations can be dropped off in room 124. Or teachers can call (2264) or email Mr. Thomas and we will come get them. Thank you for your assistance!!

The FHS HIIP Team will host the Fox Forum on Nov. 15th from 6-8 PM at the Fox Service Center. Presenters in attendance will include a DEA Agent, a financial adviser that is knowledgeable on financial aid and financial planning for students, and Addiction Is Real.  Please join us for an informative meeting. Email Lisa Brake with questions: [email protected].

Yearbook order forms can be found in the main office or in classroom 702.  Yearbooks cost $70 until January 31. After Jan. 31, they are $75.  Turn in your order form and payment to Ms. Smith in room 702 in between classes if checks are made out to Fox High School or mail them made out to Balfour to Balfour, P.O. Box 150069, Austin, TX 78715-0069. You can also order online or by phone using credit or debit (1-800-853-1337 or smart-pay.com).

Seniors:

CAP and Jeffco Senior students that are not at FHS during AIM need to come into the 3rd wing office and complete a name diploma card as well as any senior who did not yet complete one.

Attention Seniors: Please get your yearbook photo taken at Stephen’s Photography by December 15, 2017. The yearbook does not use your student ID photos in the yearbook–failure to get your photo taken by the deadline of December 15, 2017 will result in your name only being listed at the end of the senior portrait section. There is no sitting fee and no obligation to buy photos. DUE TO NEW SPRING DELIVERY, PHOTO DEADLINE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact Stephen’s to schedule your sitting at 636-464-1061.

Guidance News:

Jefferson College will be in the library during AIM on Thursday, November 16th. Sign up through Naviance, under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website, or in the Guidance Office!

Columbia College Chicago will be in the library during AIM today.   Sign up through Naviance, under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website, or in the Guidance Office!

What’s To Eat?

Lunch Today:  Chef Salad, French Toast w/Sausage, Hash Brown Patty, Steamed Carrots, Fruit

Lunch Tomorrow:  Southwest Salad, Soft Tacos, Chicken & Cheese Burrito, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice, Fruit

Breakfast Tomorrow:  Biscuits & Gravy, Poptarts, Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Assorted Cereal w/Graham Snack, Assorted Fruit