The Warrior Word

Announcements for January 11, 2018

Liam Helfrich is the conference champ in the individual event of radio speaking. He competed in the finals at Festus High School on January 9, 2018. Please congratulate Liam in his victory in the MESA Conference!

We will have an informational baseball meeting next Thursday, 1/18 in room F4. The meeting will begin at 7:05 am. Please pass the word to others who may be interested and stop by F4 if you have questions.

E-sports meeting after school TODAY. We will discuss the upcoming season and create some competitive gaming attractions at the upcoming Comic Con.

Fox Key Club is selling Bracelets to support Officer O’Connor. See a Club member or come by room 124. Bracelets are $2 and we are accepting donations. Thanks

Project Grad Committee meets TODAY at 6:30 p.m. in room 304.  Newcomers are always welcome!!  RSVP  Amy Endicott:  [email protected]

The FHS HIIP Team will host the Sadie Hawkins Dance on January 20th from 7-10:30 at the Fox High School Gym. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Student ID required for entrance. Students are to dress in their favorite decade.

Spring Marketplace March 10th & 11th….SAVE THE DATE!! Vendors can download the application from the High School Website!

Yearbook order forms can be found in the main office or in classroom 702.  Yearbooks cost $70 until January 31. After Jan. 31, they are $75.  Turn in your order form and payment to Ms. Smith in room 702 in between classes if checks are made out to Fox High School or mail them made out to Balfour to Balfour, P.O. Box 150069, Austin, TX 78715-0069. You can also order online or by phone using credit or debit (1-800-853-1337 or smart-pay.com).

Seniors:

Seniors:  If you haven’t ordered your cap/gown yet, you need to do so now.  Call Jostens at 636/230-7350.

Spend the day with your senior class at the Steinberg Ice Skating Rink in Forest Park Tuesday, followed by lunch at the South County Mall Food Court. Cost is $10.00 cash to skate, or if you do not plan to skate, then admission is free. Please bring money to buy lunch as well. If you do not wish to participate in the field trip, you have the option to complete A+ Tutoring or Job Shadowing instead.  Every senior must select one of the three options for this day. All forms and permission slips must be turned into Ms. Young in the main office TODAY in order to attend.

Guidance News:

Interested in going to Jefferson College Area Technical School for a half day next year?? Join us at the Jefferson College ATS Open House!! Instructors and students will be on hand to talk to you and your parents about programs like Automotive, Culinary, Fire Science, Carpentry, Biomedical Sciences just to name a few!

When: January 11, 2018, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. (Snow Makeup Date is Jan. 18)

Where: Jefferson College (Hillsboro), Area Technical Building.

Tuesday, the 16th we will have our annual Curriculum Fair. You will need to check with you AIM teacher or the signs in front hall or commons to find out where to report that morning.

What’s To Eat?

Lunch Today:  Chicken Caesar Salad, Philly Steak Sandwich, Turkey/Ham Panini, Pasta Salad, Seasoned Green Beans, Fruit

Lunch Tomorrow:   Lasagna Rolls w/Garlic Bread, Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, ½ Baked Potato, Steamed Broccoli, Fruit

Breakfast Tomorrow:  Scrambled Eggs w/Toast, Poptarts, Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Assorted Cereal w/Graham Snack, Assorted Fruit