School Announcements for October 24, 2017

Come out for the Talent Show, Starring Fox High School on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Tickets are only $5 in Advance and $7 Door. This is not your average Talent Show. Similar to the Tonight Show (Starring Jimmy Fallon) format, the Talent Show (Starring Fox High School) will include monologue, audience participation games, skits, contestant interviews, performances, Thank You notes and more…. all with your host, Zack Brown! See you there!

Red Ribbon Spirit Week is October 30th-November 3rd Monday– America Day: Don’t let drugs take away your freedom! Tuesday- Scary Costume Day: Halloween isn’t scary, drugs are! NO MASKS Wednesday– Neon Day- Keep your future bright and wear neon! Thursday– Camo Day: Hide from drugs! Wear some camo gear! Friday– PJ Day: Don’t drive drowsy, get more sleep! Wear cool pajamas! Sponsored by SADD

Mr. Easton’s daughter’s final chemo treatment is Tuesday. Please sign the banner in the commons at lunch to show your support. The banner will be given to her on Tuesday after she rings the bell.

Key Club is holding a newspaper drive for a local Animal Shelter. Please help us make our community a better place. Donations can be dropped off in room 124. Or teachers can call (2264) or email Mr. Thomas and we will come get them. Thank you for your assistance!!

Two student teachers in the building are collecting books to fill a free little library for Fox Elementary School. If you have any books at the elementary reading level you no longer need or want please bring them by room 124 and give them to Mr. Sidorski. Think about writing a positive or inspirational message on the inside cover for the young borrowers to read! If you read the book when you were younger, you could write a message telling future readers what the book has meant to you.

Students, SADD meets every Wednesday in room 304 after school. We have a full schedule of activities for the year and we need your help! For more information, come to any meeting or talk to our officers, Drew Reppert and Kylie Higgins!

Calling ALL PARENTS and SENIORS!  The Project Graduation committee is meeting and we need you!
When: November 8, 2017 (Wednesday)
Where: Fox High School- room 304
Time: 6:30-8
We will discuss fundraisers, volunteering, and Project Grad evening events.
Questions? Email Amy Endicott at: 
[email protected]

The FHS HIIP Team will host the Fox Forum on Nov. 15th from 6-8 PM at the Fox Service Center. Presenters in attendance will include aDEA Agent, a financial adviser that is knowledgeable on financial aid and financial planning for students, and Addiction Is Real.  Please join us for an informative meeting. Email Lisa Brake with questions: [email protected].

Yearbook order forms can be found in the main office or in classroom 702.  Yearbooks cost $70 until January 31. After Jan. 31, they are $75.  Turn in your order form and payment to Ms. Smith in room 702 in between classes.

Seniors:

The Senior attire order form has been emailed to you.   Extra forms will be in Room 210 and 109.  Must have form completed and cash to order.  All orders are due by October 24th.  Don’t miss out!

CAP and Jeffco Senior students that are not at FHS during AIM need to come into the 3rd wing office and complete a name diploma card as well as any senior who did not yet complete one.

Attention Seniors: Please get your yearbook photo taken at Stephen’s Photography by December 15, 2017. The yearbook does not use your student ID photos in the yearbook–failure to get your photo taken by the deadline of December 15, 2017 will result in your name only being listed at the end of the senior portrait section. There is no sitting fee and no obligation to buy photos. DUE TO NEW SPRING DELIVERY, PHOTO DEADLINE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact Stephen’s to schedule your sitting at 636-464-1061.

Guidance News:

Parent/Teacher Conferences October 26, 12:30-7:00 p.m.

No School Thursday or Friday 10/26 & 27/17.

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) will be in the library during AIM on Tuesday, October 31st. Sign up in the guidance office or electronically under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website!

Missouri Baptist University will be in the commons during lunch on Monday, October 30th.

Rockhurst University will be in the commons during lunch on Tuesday, October 24th.

Missouri University of Science & Technology will be in the library during AIM on Tuesday, October 24th. Sign up in the guidance office or electronically under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website!

What’s To Eat?

Lunch Today:  Chef Salad, Chicken Tenders w/Roll, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy, Sweet Corn, Fruit

Lunch Tomorrow:  Southwest Salad, Soft Tacos, Chicken & Cheese Burrito, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Fruit

Breakfast Tomorrow:  Biscuit & Gravy, Poptarts, Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Assorted Cereal w/Graham Snack, Assorted Fruit