School Announcements for October 31, 2017

Red Ribbon Spirit Week is this week: Tuesday- Scary Costume Day: Halloween isn’t scary, drugs are! NO MASKS Wednesday– Neon Day- Keep your future bright and wear neon! Thursday– Camo Day: Hide from drugs! Wear some camo gear! Friday– PJ Day: Don’t drive drowsy, get more sleep! Wear cool pajamas! Sponsored by SADD

Nurse’s office will be closed during 8th hour from 1:55 p.m. through 2:25 p.m. daily. Only students, who are Diabetic and have medical emergencies are allowed to come to the nurse’s office during this time. Thank you for your cooperation.

On WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, the Fox High School Choirs will present their fall choir concert entitled “A Patriot Salute” to honor Veterans at Rickman Auditorium at 7:00 PM. (Doors open to public at 6:30 PM) The JV & Varsity Choir students will perform songs of patriotic nature, and will include TAPS to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Performances will include: The Fox High School Women’s Choir, Men’s Choir, Advanced Men’s Choir, Concert Choir-Treble, Concert Choir, and Varsity Festival Choir as well as some soloists and small ensembles. Suggested admission is simply $1, although larger donations will be accepted. We encourage Veterans and Active Military members in our community to attend; admission is FREE for all Veterans and Active Military members. All proceeds will go to help build the new Jefferson County Veterans Park. www.jcveteranstribute.com.

Key Club is holding a newspaper drive for a local Animal Shelter. Please help us make our community a better place. Donations can be dropped off in room 124. Or teachers can call (2264) or email Mr. Thomas and we will come get them. Thank you for your assistance!!

Two student teachers in the building are collecting books to fill a free little library for Fox Elementary School. If you have any books at the elementary reading level you no longer need or want please bring them by room 124 and give them to Mr. Sidorski. Think about writing a positive or inspirational message on the inside cover for the young borrowers to read! If you read the book when you were younger, you could write a message telling future readers what the book has meant to you.

Calling ALL PARENTS and SENIORS!  The Project Graduation committee is meeting and we need you!
When: November 8, 2017 (Wednesday)
Where: Fox High School- room 304
Time: 6:30-8
We will discuss fundraisers, volunteering, and Project Grad evening events.
Questions? Email Amy Endicott at: [email protected]

The FHS HIIP Team will host the Fox Forum on Nov. 15th from 6-8 PM at the Fox Service Center. Presenters in attendance will include a DEA Agent, a financial adviser that is knowledgeable on financial aid and financial planning for students, and Addiction Is Real.  Please join us for an informative meeting. Email Lisa Brake with questions: [email protected].

Yearbook order forms can be found in the main office or in classroom 702.  Yearbooks cost $70 until January 31. After Jan. 31, they are $75.  Turn in your order form and payment to Ms. Smith in room 702 in between classes.

Seniors:

Jostens will return to take Senior cap/gown/announcement orders this Wednesday, 11/1 during lunches in the commons.

CAP and Jeffco Senior students that are not at FHS during AIM need to come into the 3rd wing office and complete a name diploma card as well as any senior who did not yet complete one.

Attention Seniors: Please get your yearbook photo taken at Stephen’s Photography by December 15, 2017. The yearbook does not use your student ID photos in the yearbook–failure to get your photo taken by the deadline of December 15, 2017 will result in your name only being listed at the end of the senior portrait section. There is no sitting fee and no obligation to buy photos. DUE TO NEW SPRING DELIVERY, PHOTO DEADLINE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Contact Stephen’s to schedule your sitting at 636-464-1061.

Guidance News:

St. Louis University (SLU) will be in the library during AIM on Tuesday, November 7th. Sign up in the guidance office or electronically under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website!

Western Illinois University will be in the commons during lunch on Friday, November 3rd.

Blackburn College will be in the commons during lunch on Thursday, November 2nd.

Millikin University will be in the library during AIM on Thursday, November 2nd. Sign up in the guidance office or electronically under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website!

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) will be in the library during AIM today. Sign up in the guidance office or electronically under “college visits” on the guidance page of the FHS website!

What’s To Eat?

Lunch Today:  Chef Salad, Hot dogs, BBQ Ribette on bun, Broomstick Fries, Baked Beans, Fruit

Lunch Tomorrow:  Southwest Salad, Orange Stir Fry Chicken, Steamed Broccoli, Veggie Fried Rice, Fruit

Breakfast Tomorrow:  Pancake on a Stick, Poptarts, Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Assorted Cereal w/Graham Snack, Assorted Fruit