Prepairing for the future

Cassidy Waigand, Staff Writer

Students expecting to further their education after high school may find visits with college recruiters during lunch and AIM to be extremely helpful. This is because these visits can broaden their ideas and options for where to attend after high school.

The visitors come from many different places, trade schools, community colleges, and 4-year universities. The branches of the military also attend, but “they are always held in the commons during lunch. The five branches that visit our school include the Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard, and Air Force,” Holly Hudson, guidance office secretary, said.

Many schools have a wide variety of majors and offerings. It’s important for students to see what’s available”

— Holly Hudson

The visits are in the commons during lunch or the library during AIM. Students can learn about college and trade school “admissions costs, majors and/or course information, and extracurricular activities,” Hudson said. The visitors will also take individual questions that a student might have.

If a student is interested in attending a visit during AIM though, they must sign up. Hudson said these sign-ups are available on Naviance, which can be found on https://foxhs.fox.k12.mo.us/guidance_office/college_visits. After they sign up, Hudson said she will “send a pass for the student to use during AIM for these visits.”

Overall, Hudson thinks it is important to find out information from the visiting representatives. “Many schools have a wide variety of majors and offerings. It’s important for students to see what’s available and not limit themselves to one choice. It’s always good to have options,” she said.

The upcoming visits will be on the school’s Facebook and Twitter, as well as the morning announcements and the guidance page.