The Warrior Word

Giving the band a boost

Cassidy Waigand, Staff Writer

In order to raise money for the upcoming Marching season, the Band Boosters hosted a Trivia Night at St. John’s United Church of Christ on April 28, 2017. The theme of the event was “decades from the sixties to the present,” Band Booster president De Anna Duncan said.

The event cost $20 per person, and tables were limited to eight people. Duncan said people “can register for a table up to that night at 6:30 when we start.” She also said that “There is no limit on tables.” For those who went, trivia was expected to last until around 10:00 pm.

The money collected by the Band Boosters will be given to the band to be used for various expenses. Duncan explained that the money will help “pay for the fall show and pay for extra instructors we might need to hire to help out in the fall for Marching season.”

This was not the first year the Band Boosters have used trivia as a fundraising tactic. Duncan explained that families enjoy the trivia. “It has been a successful spring fundraiser for the band program,” she said.

Band Boosters had planned for the trivia night for months. “We have prizes that go on the tables, so we have to set up tables and get them ready. We have raffle baskets that have to be collected from the community and get them prepared,” Duncan said, adding that overall, “A lot of planning and preparation goes into a trivia night.”

Overall, the event raised $$4541 and eleven tables were filled.