The Warrior Word

A Night to Remember

Senior nights are a long-standing tradition to which many students enjoy being apart of. For seniors Kaci Dalton and Emily Neal their night of glory had finally come.

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Night to Remember

Seniors Kaci Dalton and Emily Neal are apart of the varsity volleyball team here at Fox High School. The stands were full of student supporters and proud parents and friends as our school recognized both girls.

“That saying ‘the tradition never dies’, that starts with the seniors, the seniors are the ones that keep that stuff going,” Coach Paul Tramel said.

Senior night includes many surprises for the seniors, including gifts and late night adventures, which the teams organize and prepare themselves for their fellow teammates.

“My teammates pick me up everyday. If I’m sad, they are there being goofy. My teammates are great,” senior Emily Neal said.

Senior night can be a reflection time for students to look back on their seasons and decide what they and others will make of them.

Senior Kaci Dalton said that this year was her favorite year of volleyball because she, “felt like [she] was apart of the team.”

Not only can senior night be a time to reflect on the season, but also the lifelong bonds you might have made along the way.

“Just the experiences you get, whether you win or lose, if you have fun and you genuinely enjoy the people you’re around. That’s the best, the girls,” Neal said.

The intensity on the court was strong during senior night, as most players probably wanted to win the game as a final memory on the team for the seniors.

“I feel like I can go to volleyball to get my stress out in a good way,” Dalton said.

Although the Fox Warriors lost their last game of the season, the varsity team still had a very good run this year, increasing their number of wins from last year.

“[The seniors] improve [the team] greatly,” Coach Tramel said. “The leadership they provided for the younger players who haven’t been on varsity before, you have a couple freshman who have never done that varsity stuff. Having senior leadership who have the experiences is great for the players.”